Class of 2015

Kim Senior PicAnnouncing the Graduation of

Kimberly

Brown County High School

May 30, 2015

Kimberly will be attending Indiana University

Majoring in Psychology

And you, our supporters, are all invited! Well, virtually invited anyway – we realize it’s unlikely any of you can make it in person.  Regardless please know that you will be in our minds on this momentous occasion as your support and encouragement has helped to make it possible. Photos will be posted following graduation.

I hope you’ll join with me in congratulating my oldest daughter who will graduate with honors, decked in the National Honor Society collar, cords for Spanish Honor Society and Thespian (drama) Honor Society, and wearing her choir medal. She will have a brief two week vacation before beginning college at Indiana University on June 13.

Kim in caseKim was the child who made me a mother 16 and a half years ago in China and she has a special place in my heart. She is smart, artistic, musical, kind and beautiful. She has a good sense of humor, is a good friend and knows how to roll with life’s punches. She says she has learned a lot from me. I’ve learned a lot from her as well.

She plans to study psychology with the goal of eventually getting her Master’s degree and becoming a therapist who works with children, incorporating music and drama in some fashion.

As you are all aware Kim is attending IU on a variety of scholarships for which we are very grateful. They do not completely cover her costs but both she and I are hoping to work (one job for her and two for me) to take care of the last $2,600. Kim will be living in the dorms for the first year and while it is not the same as setting up house she’s still in need of some items for her dorm room. We’ve added some of these things to our Amazon.com wish list in the event you wish to help send her off in style! She will read your good wishes if you care to comment on this post.

This entry was posted in college, graduation. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Class of 2015

1. boxcarkids says:

Greeting all!
    I really appreciate your support as I go into this next chapter of my life that is college! I will be attending Indiana University starting tomorrow and I am quite elated! I plan on becoming a therapist of some sort. I don’t know what kind yet, but I know I want to help others. It’s people like you who help others, those that you know or total strangers, unconditionally that have inspired me to pursue this career path. Thank you for your generosity and support!
    Beset wishes to you all,
    Kim

2. Cynthia says:

Congratulations to a beautiful and accomplished young lady! I hope you will enjoy and take advantage of your college years in every way possible. Kudos also to her mom for all her support, sacrifice, and love.

3. Sunny says:

Congratulations to Mom and Daughter! You have a lot of people here rooting for you!

4. Lisa M. says:

Kim, that is FANTASTIC! You and your family have had some really rough times, and you have *triumphed*. You all should be very very proud. I’m so happy for you!

Congratulations, Kim! Indiana is a great school, I hope & trust you’ll have a wonderful experience there and that you education you achieve will help you do great things!

6. Kim says:

Congratulations Kim: I remember when you and your family “camped” at our house in CA. Now we are retired in WA. Psychology is a great major. I only wish more professionals understood, adopted kids! Ronnie (adopted from Russia) is doing o.k. but oh how I love Doctors who “get it”…..Again Congratulations!!

From yet another Kim

7. Congratulations, Kim!! She is a beauty! 🙂 I am a clinical psychologist, so please tell her she can feel free to contact me with any questions.

8. Kathy Bowen says:

Congratulations to Kim! I know you are very proud of her and she is proud of herself for all she has accomplished in less than ideal circumstances. You have been a very supportive mother to her and I wish her much success as she begins this new chapter of her life.

9. Sarah says:

Congratulations, and I hope you have an incredible college experience, Kimberly. I don’t feel wise enough to give advice (who wants advice anyways) so I hope that you can take the bad times with the good but that there will be many more of the latter!