Good News!

The building department returned my call of yesterday and gave us the OK to move into our house! We are still working on water issues – namely filling the cistern, completing the waterline, installing the pressure tank and pump and the water heater. We won’t have whole house heat, just 2 small space heaters and we will be cooking on a single electric burner but that’s all minor stuff.

We plan on hosting Thanksgiving for relatives and my grad school buddy and her daughter.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Good News!

1. Anne says:

Congrats! But you plan on hosting Thanksgiving dinner using one burner and no oven?

Our relative hooked up a RV sized propane tank so we now have stove, oven,electric burner, electric skillet, rice cooker, crock pot and a coffee pot! We are set.

Yay!!! Congratulations, this is great! Be careful with those space heaters — but then, you knew that (and I know contemporary ones are pretty safe).

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

3. Linda P. says:

Congratulations!

4. Sheila Smith says:

Are you comfortable sending your new address? Or can you email it to me off site please.

We still need to get permission from the postmaster (who’s in charge of assigning mailbox placement) to put up a mailbox. In the meantime we still have our box in town at 899 S. College Mall Rd, #244, Bloomington, IN 47401.

5. julia says:

I’m trying to ‘Like’ this a trillion times but evidently this isn’t Facebook. This has been a long time coming and I couldn’t be happier for you and your kids! Such fabulous news.