In an effort to continue to bring a bit of money in from the blog I’ve joined a few affiliate programs. These programs are similar to our relationship with Amazon; if you click through a link on the blog to the merchant’s website and make a purchase we will receive a small commission. Some commissions are set fees of a few dollars and others are a percentage of the purchase price. In all cases the item you buy does not cost you any more if you purchase it through our link.
I’ve been selective about the programs I’ve joined – sticking to ones whose products or services I’ve used or feel are useful or fun and appropriate for our audience. In order to provide you the opportunity without overwhelming everyone with blinking, gyrating ads, these program links can be found on the page titled Affliate Programs. They include links to merchants such as:
- Amazon (naturally)
- Audible (audio books, magazines, podcasts and more),
- Cabela’s (great outdoor gear – I still have the sleeping bag I purchased nearly 30 years ago for an archaeology field season where we were camping),
- The Good Old Days Store (lots of fun old fashioned housewares, clothing and toys),
- The Unemployed Philosopher’s Guild (fun, brainey and somewhat ironical gifts),
- Witmart.com (the place to find freelancers for all your project needs)
- WU Pay (Great gift card deals – Customers who pay with WU Pay do not share any financial information; they simply get a bill at the checkout, and pay it using their bank’s online bill pay service, just like paying a utility bill! It’s that easy.)
National Geographic Animal Jam (Animal Jam is the premier online playground for kids who love animals and the outdoors.)
New affliate programs will be added from time to time (at the top of the list on the AP page, so scroll down if you are looking for something and don’t see it right away).