Life in Addition to Blogging

A couple of folks have written to me wondering what’s up since I haven’t posted recently (thanks- nice that you care! 🙂  so I wanted to let everyone know that while life is pretty much the same as usual here, there are a few family things going on that have taken me away from the blog.  My middle daughter’s basketball team made it to the championships (and I’m team mom so that means lining up snacks, the end of the year coach gift, team posters, party, etc.) and won with a 13-0 record!  It’s parent -teacher conference time (minimum days) at school so less free time for mom and I’ve been helping out a friend with her business, as well as applying for 2 more local jobs and preparing my workshop for the local Children’s Museum.  And I’ve been invinted to write an essay for Salon.com’s Pinched column so I’m busy mulling over that as well as working on posts on saving money, things the poor shouldn’t do, pets in an RV, and other subjects!  One of these should post later this week – tomorrow is more day labor work, sweeping out a warehouse!

This entry was posted in recession. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Life in Addition to Blogging

1. Salon.com! seriously, i’m jealous. you’ll let us know when it’s posted, yes? yes!

2. Heather says:

Hooray for positive forward momentum, in all sorts of incarnations!

3. Stardust says:

Can’t wait for the pets post. I have 3 cats in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment, and, love them as I do, makes me feel very crowded and like I’m constantly stepping in litter. Can’t wait to hear how you deal!

4. Little House says:

Great to hear that you were asked to write for an online magazine! Congratulations on your daughter’s Basketball championship as well. Will keep checking back for new posts once you’re not so busy!

5. mary says:

yes! missed you but so glad things are going well! congrats to THE TEAM!

6. Dina says:

So glad they are hiring you to do a piece over at Salon. There is a horrific article over there today about food stamps, and how people are daring to spend their food stamp $ on fresh vegetables at farmer’s markets or on high-quality food items rather than on economy-sized boxes of hamburger helper… the horrors!

7. Ciaran says:

It’s good to “hear” your voice. I was wondering how you all were doing. Team Mom is a big one. Good for you!
    Just know that there are many out here thinkin’ of you!
    Peace.

8. Deanna says:

Good to hear that you have been busy, that you’ve been finding some work (especially paid writing work!), and that there is good news in your life. Congrats to your daughter and her team!

9. Nicole says:

Congrats on the essay invitation and the team winning and good luck with everything and everything else!!

I am happy to hear all is well, sorry I worried, I will try to be less noticable next time. 🙂
    Wow thats awesome on the basketball championship. My grandson is six and plays basketball, He gets paid a $1.00 for each basket he gets from me, I know I shouldn’t pay him, but watching his confidence go up each time he gets a basket is worth it. Before I started bribing him he wouldn’t even try. I do understand the busy schedule, I have emails from Friday I haven’t even had a chance to reply to. Oh well life does go on.
    Have a fantastic week.
    Jeannette

• Linda says:

Totally off-topic Jeannette, but your comment cracked me up. Once during the second half of the championship game of a soccer tournament (my son’s team was losing!), I told him and his friend I’d give them $25 if they scored a goal. Then he was running past me at one point and I yelled $50!!!

They lost anyway!

• PirateKitty says:

I’ll jump on this side-topic!
        When I was 8 my mom started paying me 1 penny for every page I read from an actual novel (no magazines or comics allowed!). It started because I was avoiding reading things I needed to for school and she considered good reading skills very important. Thus started my love affair with books. By the time that school year was over I’d read all the current Baby-Sitters Club books, the entire Anne of Green Gables series and Little Women and some others. Every free moment was spent with a book, and every penny I earned was spent on Saturday trips to the bookstore. I spent hours in the library. When she stopped paying me to read (I’m like a dog with a bone when challenged and she couldn’t afford it anymore… lol) I kept going because her incentive program showed me how much I could love reading and all of the sudden I didn’t need a reason anymore.
        So don’t feel bad Jeanette, you’re just giving your grandson a reason to try harder, and the more he succeeds the less it will matter whether you are paying him that dollar or not.

11. such good reasons for not blogging, but thankful to hear as well!